Healthy Air Living Tools
- Healthy Air Living Community Calculator
- Carbon Footprint Calculator For Your Home
- Cleaner, Greener Electric Use Calculator
- Daily Air Quality Forecast
Healthy Air Living Resources
What can YOU do for clean air?
You can make a difference in air quality in the Valley! Here are some great tips that will get you started:
- Avoid using your wood-burning fireplace.
- Call 1-800-SMOG INFO (1-800-766-4463) before using your wood-burning fireplace to see if wood burning is allowed that day.
- When using your wood-burning fireplace on days when it is not prohibited, burn cleanly by using manufactured wood logs or clean, dry seasoned wood.
- Never burn trash.
- Tell your friends and co-workers about your Healthy Air Living Pledge.
- Purchase and use an electric lawn mower.
- Avoid using a leaf blower.
- Switch to environmentally-friendly lawn care products.
- Avoid using your charcoal barbecue.
- Have your utility provider perform an energy audit on your home.
- Investigate the installation of an energy-efficient water heater in your home.
- Check the tire pressure on your vehicles.
- Ride your bicycle to work at least 1-3 days per week.
- Carpool to work as often as possible.
- Take public transit to work at least 1-3 days per week.
- Walk to work at least 1-3 days per week.
- Purchase an electric scooter for transportation.
- Walk your child to school.
- Avoid drive-thrus.
- Link your trips / minimize your car use.
- Bring your lunch to work or walk to lunch.
- Replace incandescent light bulbs with compact fluorescents.
- Minimize car trips by utilizing online services.
- Support your employer and/or organization as they try air-friendly activities.
These are a few of the many changes you can make to live a Healthy Air life!
Click here for more tips.
Can you think of more? Let us know your air-friendly tip!